From January, 2018 the activities of the MacAndrews and OPDR businesses are merged into one company: MacAndrews GmbH, which head quarters are located in Hamburg, Germany.
Both companies were acquired by CMA CGM Group, a world leader in maritime transport. MacAndrews was acquired in 2002 and OPDR was acquired in 2015.
The new combined business increases geographic reach and extends capabilities, creating a new sector leader able to deliver unrivaled expertise in multimodal logistics services. The combination of transport modes – short sea, rail, road and barge services – allows MacAndrews to deliver sustainable, reliable and more cost effective transport solutions.
With a network of 37 offices in 20 countries, MacAndrews connects effectively Northern-Western Europe, the Baltics and Russia with the Iberian Peninsula, the Canary Islands and Morocco thanks to its 18 services.
- MacAndrews GmbH is a multimodal transport provider specialising in door-to-door container transport on short-sea routes
- Access to the CMA CGM Group’s equipment and technology – one of the largest and youngest fleet of Reefer and ambient containers for temperature controlled cargo
- Major ambient and Reefer block train operator in Spain and Scandinavia, MacAndrews is the largest user of the rail newtork in Spain
- Large-scale refrigerated and cold storage warehousing and cross-docking facilities in Bilbao enable consolidation and delivery of Spanish fresh produce throughout Europe from the port
- Longest established shipping company in Europe
- Steeped in history, our customer service is steadily committed to provide the adapted solution as quickly as possible
As a niche operator focusing on perishable goods, MacAndrews provides a high added-value service to its customers, offering tailored logistics solutions to their particular transport requirements.
We service various sectors including but not limited to Automotive, Beer, Wines & Spirits, Chemicals, FMCG, Forest Products, Manufacturing, Metal, Minerals, Paper, Perishables and Frozen goods.