1. INFORMATION ON THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1.1. The following will inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that is personally identifiable to you, such as your name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
1.2. The Controller pursuant to Article 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Containerships – CMA CGM GmbH headquartered in Chilehaus A – Fischertwiete 2 in D-20095 Hamburg, Germany, represented by the Executive Board (see our Imprint). Our data protection officer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address with “the Data Protection Officer” as the addressee.
1.3. When you contact us by email or via a contact form, the data you have provided (your email address, if necessary your name and phone number) will be saved by us to answer your questions. We delete the data in this context after the storage is no longer required or restrict the processing if there are statutory retention obligations.
1.4. If we would like to use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offering or if we would like to utilise your data for commercial purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective instances below, also naming the defined criteria for the storage time.
2. YOUR RIGHTS
2.1. You have the following rights with us regarding the personal data relating to you:
- Right to information,
- Right to rectification or deletion,
- Right to the limitation of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data transferability.
2. 2. You also have the right to make a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA WHEN VISITING OUR WEBSITE
3.1. In the case of merely informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to show you our website and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Article 6 (1)(f)(1) GDPR)
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status /HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred
- Site from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
3. 2. In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you are using, and which provide certain information to the place that sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programmes or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offering more user-friendly and more effective.
This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes, in particular, the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID with which different requests from your browser can be assigned to the shared session. This will allow your computer to be recognized again when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences, for example to reject third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that in that case you may not be able to use all functions of this website
- The Flash cookies used are not captured by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. In addition, we use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of the browser you are using and do not have an automatic expiration date. If you do not wish to have Flash cookies processed, you must install a corresponding add-on, for example “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using your browser’s privacy mode. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually.
4. ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND OFFERINGS OF OUR WEBSITE
4.1. In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you usually need to provide additional personal information that we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
4.2. We use external service providers to partially process some of your data. These were carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are monitored on a regular basis.
4.3. We may also share your personal data with third parties, if contracts or similar services are offered by us together with our partners. For further information please contact us by providing your personal data or find it in the description of the offering.
4.4. Insofar as our service providers or partners have their registered office in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offering.
5. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
5.1. This website uses Google Analytics, a Web Analytics service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, i.e. text files that are stored on your computer and which allow the analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the event that IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, Google’s IP address will be shortened beforehand within the Member States of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services related to the use of the website and the Internet for the website operator.
5.2. The IP address submitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
5.3. You can prevent the storage of cookies through a corresponding browser software setting; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website in full. You can also prevent Google from capturing the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of such data by downloading and installing the following browser plugin, available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
5.4. This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, IP addresses are truncated further, and a direct reference to one person’s identity can be excluded. As far as the data collected about you is personally identifiable, it is immediately excluded, and the personal data is deleted immediately.
5.5. We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. Based on the statistical information gained, we can improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transferred to the United States, Google has become a subject of the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6 (1)(1)(f) GDPR.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA
6.1. We use social media plugins as follows:
- We currently use the following Social media plugins: [Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google]. We use the so-called two-click solution. In other words, when you visit our site, no personal information is initially sent to the providers of the plugins. You can recognise the plugin providers via the mark on the box above its first letter, or its logo. We offer you the possibility to communicate directly with the plugin provider by using the button. The plugin provider will only receive the information that you have opened the applicable website of our online offering once you activate it by clicking on the selected field. In addition, the data referred to in § 3 of this Policy shall be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, according to the requirements of the respective providers in Germany, the IP address will be anonymised immediately after collection. By activating the plugin, personal data will be sent to the respective plugin provider and stored there (with US-American suppliers, storage will take place in the USA). Since the plugin provider collects the data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies before you click on the greyed-out box via your browser’s security settings.
- We do not have any influence on the data collected and processing methods, nor are we aware of the full scope of the data collection, the purposes of the processing, or the storage durations. Nor do we have any information on the deletion of the data collected by the plugin provider.
- The plugin provider stores the data collected about you as a user profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or design of its website as required. Such an evaluation is made in particular (also for users who are not logged in) to display advertising on demand and to inform other users of the social network about their activities on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of these user profiles, which must be exercised by contacting the respective plugin provider. The plugins allow us to offer you the opportunity to interact with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plugins is Article 6 (1)(1)(f) GDPR.
- The data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plugin provider and are logged in. If you are logged in to the plugin provider, the personal data collected from us will be assigned directly to your plugin provider’s existing account. If you click the activation button and, for example, link the page, the plugin provider also saves this information to your user account and communicates it to your contacts publicly. After using a social network, we recommend that you log out regularly, especially before activating the button, so you can avoid assignments to your profile by the plugin provider.
- For further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plugin provider, please refer to the privacy statements of these individual providers as laid out below. There you will also receive further information on your rights and settings options to protect your privacy.
6.2. We incorporate Youtube videos as follows:
- We have included YouTube videos in our online offering which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all included in the “enhanced data protection mode”, meaning that no data about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. The data referred to in next bullet point will only be transmitted when you play the videos. We have no influence on the transmission of this data.
6.3. Integration of Google Maps
- On this website we use Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and allows you convenient use of the maps function.
7. ONLINE ADVERTISING
7.1. We use Google Adwords in order to draw attention to our attractive offerings on external websites with the support of advertising media (so-called Google Adwords). In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. Our interests here lie in showing you advertising that is of interest to you, making our website more interesting for you and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
7.2. These advertising media are delivered by Google via so-called “Ad Servers”. To do this, we use Ad Server cookies, through which certain parameters for measuring success, such as the display of ads or clicks by users, are measured. If you access our website through a Google ad, Google Adwords will store a cookie on your PC. These cookies usually expire after 30 days and should not be used to identify you personally. The analysis values of the unique cookie ID, the number of Ad Impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view-conversions) as well as opt-out information (noting that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) are all stored on this cookie.
7.3. These cookies allow Google to recognise your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of the website of an Adwords customer, and the cookie stored on their computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer can see that the user clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page. Each Adwords customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. We do not personally collect or process any personal data in the aforementioned advertising measures. We are only provided with statistical evaluations by Google. Based on these evaluations, we can see which of the advertising measures used are particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from the use of the advertising media, and in particular we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
7.4. Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and continued use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool, and therefore inform you in accordance with our best knowledge: by incorporating AdWords Conversion, Google will receive information that you have visited the corresponding part of our website or have clicked on a message from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google may assign your visit to your account. Even if you are not registered or logged in to Google, it is possible that the provider will know and store your IP address.
7.5. You can prevent participation in this tracking procedure in several ways: a) by setting your browser software appropriately, in particular, the suppression of third-party cookies means that you will not receive any third-party ads; b) by disabling cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com” , https://www.google.de/settings/ads however these settings will be deleted if you delete your cookies; c) by disabling the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the self-regulation campaign “About Ads “ via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, however these settings will be deleted if you delete your cookies; d) by permanently disabling your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We would point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this offering in its entirety.
8. OPPOSITION OR REVOCATION AGAINST THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
8.1. If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such revocation affects the admissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have stated it against us.
8.2. In so far as we uphold the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you can appeal against said processing. This is the case in particular if the processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, which is presented by us in the following description of the functions. If you exercise such an opposition, we request an explanation of the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your reasoned opposition, we will examine the situation and either adjust or adapt the data processing or indicate to you our compelling reasons for which we will continue processing.
8.3. Of course, you may at any time object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis. You can inform us about your opposition to advertising by emailing: email@example.com.